Thursday, October 9, 2008

TIME CAPSULE


Yesterday I got to spend some time with my nephew Chandler before he had to go to football. He really wanted to make a time capsule to bury in my front flower bed. I gave him some ideas of what to put in it. He went home and gathered up his things he wanted in the capsule then we put all the items in the plastic bag, taped it up and then put that inside a metal tin and then duct taped that up. He wrote his name and the date on the outside and he started digging the hole. I told him we should wait a long time before digging it up again. I thought it was a cool idea and I was proud of Chandler for working to complete it. When he puts his mind to it he truly is amazing. We just love Chandler and what a great example he is to our boys.

After he finished burying the box he played a little football with Collin. What a great kid!!!




4 comments:

Chandler said...

Hey Kristi,
Thank you for doing the time capsule with me. I know that is a really hard thing to do. Thank you for writing a post about me, telling me what a great example I am to Collin and Evan, it was nice for you to say that. Thanks again.
--Chandler

Suzanne said...

Wow Krust what a cool thing you did with Chandler!! It's nice he has his aunt and uncle living next door to help him do cool things. Suzanne and I aren't creative enough to do things like that. Living so close to you guys (and almost everyone else in our family) is the best thing about living where we do. Don't let him talk you into opening the time capsule this Saturday!
--Jason

Jess said...

Kristi, you are a super cool aunt! I love that you have your own little family compound right on our street...

Now, about that lunch we talked about... How about next week? Tuesday perhaps?

rosanne said...

I wanna come to lunch! You working gals have all the fun!

You are my idol-aunt. I always pride myself in being the "cool" aunt so I'm not going to tell my nieces and nephews about you because you put me to shame.