Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I GUESS SUMMER IS NOT TOTALLY OVER

Last weekend we went camping in Arches National Park with a few families from our neighborhood. We had a blast. Evan and Collin ran around in the sand and climbed the rocks and the Whites had us hiking ever arch they could think of. Tim, Melanie, Abby and Matt are like energizer bunnies...... they just keep going and going. It was fun. My favorite hike was to Delicate Arch (the one on the Utah Plate) Matt said we have hiked it before but I honestly don't remember. Weird! Don't you think if I had been there before I would have taken some pictures and or at least remember the very distinctive slick rock hill we had to hike up? Well I will remember it now. It was cool. On Sunday we hiked around in Devils Garden and that was cool to. It truly is amazing that I really have not been there and it is pretty much in my backyard. What a beautiful state we live in. Thanks Tim and Mel for the invite we had fun!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Thanks for talking me in to making the climb up on double o. That was super cool! Good times.

Janie said...

I love Arches! I wish we lived closer so we could actually visit these places I love so much more often. I guess Disneyland will have to do... Are you coming next month???

Sara said...

We totally regret that we lived in Utah for so long and never did fun stuff. I guess we were poor college students, but still! It sounds like you have an awesome neighborhood.

Teresa said...

That's one of my favorite hikes, too!

Bonnie said...

Cute picture!--however, I still can't get over how good you look in that little-bitty pink bikini after 2 kids!